Small fire hits idol group King & Prince’s concert, 1 fan is sick


A small fire broke out in on-stage equipment at a concert by Japanese male idol group King & Prince in Sapporo on Saturday, with one of the thousands in attendance being sent to hospital after becoming unwell, reports said. said site officials and local firefighters.

Some of the roughly 8,000 spectators were evacuated from the Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center in the northern Japanese city when the fire broke out around 2.30pm from equipment hanging from the ceiling, causing sparks to fall on the seats near the stage. The event was cut short and the evening concert was cancelled.

“The fire started while the members (of the king and the prince) were singing,” said a 27-year-old woman from Sapporo. “It was extinguished a few minutes later.”

Photo shows the venue for idol group King & Prince’s concert in Sapporo, Japan on August 6, 2022. (Kyodo)

According to the management agency of the group Johnny & Associates, the origin of the fire would be an electrical short-circuit due to poor contact of the cables of a machine producing smoke with special effects. The gymnasium has a maximum capacity of 10,000 people.

Speaking after the fire went out, other fans said the air smelled of fireworks and their eyes were itchy.

But there was no major confusion, they said, as band members shouted to the audience, “It’s okay.”

The person taken to hospital by ambulance was fully conscious, according to firefighters.

King & Prince, known among fans as “Kinpuri”, consists of five men in their twenties.

Johnny & Associates apologized for what happened in a statement. “We take this accident very seriously and will review controls and safety systems not only in the areas that caused it, but also in all other areas to ensure safety in the future,” he said. he declares.


About Author

Comments are closed.