Niantic has announced the next area for Pokemon Go Fest 2022. It will be at Nakajima Park in Sapporo, Japan from August 5-7. Players who purchase tickets will be able to participate in both Nakajima Park and the citywide Sapporo event. Tickets can be purchased for ¥3,000 ($23.38) on the Pokémon GO Fest: Sapporo website.
If you buy the tickets for the morning session, you can participate in the Nakajima Park event from 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. local time and the city event from 2:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time. Meanwhile, if players purchase the afternoon session, they will be able to participate in the city event from 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. local time and the Nakajima Park event from 2:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time. There will be a one hour break between each event to give players a chance to get to the next area before the next event starts.
During the event, players will have the opportunity to use special add-ons that can only be purchased during the event. The additional bonuses will be usable from August 5, 2022 to August 7, 2022.
- Raid Lover add-on + ¥1,200 ($9)
- Up to 12 total in-person Raid Passes for each day
- 5,000 additional XP after each successful raid
- Extra 6 Candy and 3 Candy XL after catching Pokémon in five-star raids.
- Critical outbreak! supplement + ¥1,200 (9 USD)
- ¼ hatch distance (this bonus does not stack with other similar bonuses)
- 2x Hatch XP, 2x Hatch Candy and 2x Hatch Stardust.
Players who purchase tickets for Pokémon GO Fest 2022 will be able to enjoy the following at Nakajima Park:
- Complete an event-exclusive special search to meet Sky Forme Shaymin
- Field research on the theme of the event
- Four real-world habitats, two of which are unique to the Sapporo event. Each habitat includes a unique Pokémon and its own collection challenge.
- Dreamy Mindscape, Living Meadow, Frozen Lake, Athletic Park
- Makeup for six special professions during the park event experience. All trades made during the park event experience will also have a reduced Stardust cost.
Here’s what players can enjoy if they want to participate in the city-wide event in Sapporo:
- A second Special Research story with a reward encounter featuring a Pokémon that has yet to appear in Pokémon GO
- Pokémon from all Pokémon GO Fest: Sapporo habitats will appear in the wild
- Claim up to nine total Daily Raid Passes by spinning Photo Discs at Gyms
- Team GO Rocket Balloons will spawn more often, and defeating Team GO Rocket Grunts will reward Trainers with twice as many Mysterious Components.
All ticket holders will have access to the following:
- Pokémon GO Debut – Shiny Pansage and Shiny Swirlix
- Field research and event-themed stickers
- ½ hatch distance
- surprise snapshot
GameSpot may earn a commission on retail offers.